Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Carson's 1st Airlplane ride to Dallas

On Saturday, June 30th, we flew out to see my sister and her family in Dallas. We went to celebrate Will's 2nd Birthday and also to stay with my niece and nephew for a few days while Julie and Steve went to Florida for a vacation before the new baby arrives.

Our trip started out a little rocky with us missing our 10:10 am flight. The lines to check luggage where unreal! I have never seen the baggage check-in this long. We got to the airport an hour before the flight and had to stand in line for a good hour checking our baggage, so needless to say, we weren't making that flight. They booked us on the 12:45 flight out to Dallas, so we had some time to hang around the airport before leaving. Carson and I ate lunch at Sonic in the airport... 2 cheeseburgers, 2 drinks and 2 fries...$10!!! Unreal!

So we made our 12:45 flight and was sitting on the plane anxiously waiting to leave the gait, when Carson starts crying saying he wants to go home and get off the plane. NO WAY, I couldn't believe it, he was so excited to ride on the big airplane for weeks before we left. Thankfully, it didn't last long, he stopped crying after 5 min. and said he liked it! The flight was about 1 hr 40 min. and he made friends with the lady sitting behind us, they played peek-a-boo and everything. She said she didn't like flying and was only doing this because she had too...she even kept her window closed the entire time. So, thankfully Carson kept her mind occupied the entire flight.
Carson reading the Escape Routes :)
While at Julie's, we celebrated Will's 2nd Birthday. I can not believe he is 2 already! He had a great b-day party, Cars Theme. I also got to take Taylor to her Dance Recital Rehearsal. There was no way we were taking the boys to the real thing, so I volunteered to stay home with them as long as I could take her to the dress rehearsal :). It was so cute!
Watching it rain
Will's 2nd Birthday
Taylor at her Dance Rehearsal

We rode back home with Mimi and Pop's, as they came over on Friday for Will's birthday. We head back to Dallas in about 2 weeks for the birth of our little niece, yes, they still have not decided on a name yet!!! This time though, we'll be taking Mimi's and Pop's Prevost Bus, so there will be lots more room to move and play.

No comments: