Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Orleans Zoo/Stinging Caterpillers

On Wednesday Carson and I meet up with Stacey and her two kiddos, Jackson and Charlotte, at the New Orleans Zoo. The zoo has a new Dinosaur exhibit which was pretty cool. Carson wasn't sure about it at first, the first dinosaur scared him with a big ROAR, but after explaining to him that they were not real, just make believe, he was fine. It was Charlotte that was so terrified. Poor baby, she was screaming her head off, there was no consoling her. We had a blast as always.

Here's a few pics from our day, as I was only able to take about 10 pics until I dropped my camera. Dang it!!! Blake isn't to thrilled at me for that one and not to happy about having to buy another one.



Carson had a run in with a stinging caterpillar while at the zoo. These things hurt like the dickens. Poor baby, he was leaning over into one of the fountains and I guess laid on it, he screamed for a good 5 min., luckily I had some "After Bite" in our bag and I think that took the sting out of it quicker. We definitely have to be on the look out for these things as they love Oak trees and we have two huge Oak trees right next to our house.

Here's the dreaded caterpillar that got my baby

and this is what his tummy looked like later that night

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poor baby that had to hurt