Pop's has always been into airplanes. He has owned a handful of planes as a side hobby of his (along with every other hobby he has) and loves flying. He has made many trips around the United States visiting different places. Pop's and I flew to Cleveland, OH about 12 years ago in one of his planes to visit Julie when she lived there. It was lots of fun, took us about 7 hrs to get there. I haven't flown with Pop's in a while, his new airplane is a Kolb. It's an experimental type plane, I think that's why I'm a bit leery of flying in it. But, Pop's is a great pilot, so I trust him, just haven't taken that step into it yet.


Pop's is currently on a 2 week vacation, flying his Kolb with about 6 other guys with the same kinda planes. They've been to New Mexico, Utah, Nevada and many other states in between. Pop's had a slight problem with one of his tires while landing on the bumpy air strips there, but it's all taken care of now and he's good to go.

Carson hasn't yet been flying with Pop's, Pop's said he had to be "Potty Trained" before he took him anywhere, so since he's finally "PT'd", I'm sure it won't be too long before Carson is up and flying with Pop's!
The Tri-Pacer we flew to Cleveland, OH in, yes, that's me, back in the days :)

Cessna 182, this is the last plane he had before his new experimental plane. Last he checked, it was in Alaska still flying high!

1 comment:
Wow ...that looks like allot of fun.
Post a Comment