Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun Times; MDO

Wow, I have not posted at all this week...what's up with me???

This week has been somewhat busy, yet relaxing. On Monday we went to the Burbank Soccer Fields with Carson's playgroup. Carson had an awesome time playing soccer and t-ball. He is really good at both of these sports. Hopefully soon we can get him enrolled in a team to play, but I'm pretty sure you have to be potty trained, and for some reason, I don't see it happening right now.


On Tuesday, we went to our friends house and cooked and played. Mommy had lots of fun visiting and holding my sweet little Gamila :). Carson and Samia of course played and played as well as their friendly, loving bickering that 2 year olds do, but they love each other to death!

Wednesday we thought we were going to be stuck inside all day because of rain, but it turned out to be a really nice day. After Carson's nap, we went to the park that is just down the road and had a nice time playing in the sand, swinging and sliding.

While at the Elashry home, Carson spotted Samia's paint supplies and was so desperately wanting to use it, but we convinced him it was "broken", because we didn't feel like making that mess at the time. Well I figured, he'd forget about it, but boy was I wrong. All Tuesday afternoon he kept asking to paint and then Wednesday morning he started again, so we loaded up and headed to Wal-Mart to buy my little boy some paint...he actually did pretty well with it...for a little while, that is until he started slinging the water everywhere with his paint brush. So needless to say, the paint is on a break right now. :)


Today, I can not believe we did this, but we actually went and visited a MDO/Preschool. It was so funny, I think everyone who reads this knows, but Carson has a very outgoing personality. He talks to anyone and doesn't hesitate to just "jump right in". As we were touring the facility, we went into the 3 year old class and Carson went and started playing with all the kids as if he knew them forever, we left him there to play and learn while I finished touring the school. I was so amazed that he stayed, because he has NEVER been left with anyone except my mom and sister! So I think we're going to sign him up for Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning in September. I think he really needs this, as he needs to learn to sit and stay seated, follow directions, etc. before he starts kindergarten. So a couple years of this and he should be ready. :)


Tomorrow we are going to Carson's Valentine Party with his Playgroup and Jump N Jive which is a "bounce house" type of place. Carson loves this place and it should be lots of fun. I'll report back with pictures from this tomorrow.

Until then....

No comments: