Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hectic Morning but Beautiful Day!

Today we set out on an adventure to visit the New Orleans Zoo. The morning started great, we were actually getting a 15 min. head start by leaving a little early just in case we ran into some traffic. Then it all started, stuck in traffic before we even got to the Governor's Manson curve. We sat and scooted along for about 15 min. when the traffic finally started moving...that is until we got to College Drive. While sitting at College, Carson asked for his juice, I said ok, no problem, until I realized I forgot his sippy cup. I had his water bottle that was filled with juice, just no juice cup to put it in. So I took a detour down I-12 to Airline, and then to Siegen Lane to the Target. Ran into Target, got sippy cups, back into the car and waiting to get back onto Siegen when I realized I couldn't find my cell phone. I was done with it by then, it had taken us an entire hour just to get from our house to Siegen (when it usually only takes 30 min.), I lost my cell phone and was ready to go home, but Carson started crying saying he wanted to go to the zoo. So I got my composure, we got back out at Target and was walking in when I spotted a lady looking through a cell phone in the parking lot. I walked closely next to her to see if it was mine, and sure enough it was. I asked her if it was hers and she said no that she was looking to find a home # to call and tell them that it was at Target. I THANKED her so much, I was so happy she found it and no one had run over it, since it was in the middle of the parking lot!

So, off we went to New Orleans...smooth sailing, until we get to the Pontchartrain Bridge where they are doing construction! So we are now stuck in our 3rd traffic jam!!! Finally we make it to the zoo, 2 1/2 HOURS after we started!!!

Carson and Carly playing at the fountain while we eat lunch

Carson hanging on the lions tail

This Gorilla was like, "Stop looking at me, please"


We had a lovely day at the zoo, the weather was perfect. We meet our friend Liz and her 2 girls there. Most of the animals were out and about or either sleeping in view of all the lovely kids. The zoo was really busy today, the last time Carson and I went, it wasn't busy at all!

Anyway, our drive back home was a breeze compared to the morning drive.

3 comments:

Mami said...

I like that picture of the monkey might use it for a future post can I get your copyrights????

Stacy said...

you are more than welcome to use it!!

Stacey said...

That monkey is a riot. I love it. You know those animals in the zoo are like come on people stop staring at me. I still haven't made it to this zoo - I guess I will sometime before I'm 80-HA!