Today was Carson's 1st Dental Cleaning!! He's been once before, but just for a check-up. We only had to wait about 15 min. before he got called back. The entire way there, I prepped him by telling him we were going to the dentist and he was going to brush his teeth really good.
Once we got back, he was hesitate about sitting in the chair, but eventually sat on it, but DID NOT want the Hygienist brushing his teeth. So, we waited for the doctor (which is a man). Once the Dr came over, we sat Carson in my lap and put his head in the doctors lap (the same way we did for the 1st check up). I was amazed, he let the Dr. brush his teeth, stick the mirror in and everything.
The sad part is, he has my teeth. When I was his age, my mom said that I had to get all my baby teeth sealed because they were soft. Well, I guess this is the same for Carson, the Dr. found that Carson's 2 front upper teeth have the beginnings of cavities. Thank goodness we started going so young and caught them before they became cavities. We're going to go back next Thursday and get them sealed (put white resin) on them, so they won't become cavities!
The Dr also told us to get a battery powered tooth brush and use that. Also he advised to lay him in our lap (like we did today) and brush his teeth, he said you can see his teeth better and brush them better like that.
Not looking forward to Thursday, but the Dr. said it does not hurt at all (I have several in my teeth now, so I know it doesn't hurt), but he's probably going to cry, just because he doesn't know what's going on. I know this may sound mean, but it's not going to hurt him to cry a little, he'll get over it...and the Dr. said it should only take about 5-10 min.
Hopefully though he'll take after me with his permanent teeth and not have a single cavity until I was 21 years old! I only have 3 cavities now and 2 of them are in my wisdom teeth that are hard to reach because I refused to have them pulled and had just enough room to squeeze them in!
2 comments:
Who did you go to? We need to make an appointment with someone soon.
I just know that is going to be a traumatic experience for us! I'd like to know who you saw as well. Was he a ped. dentist?
Post a Comment