Today, Carson, Blake and I headed to the dentist to have Carson's front 2 top teeth sealed. I was not looking forward to this day at all, so dada went with us. I just knew Carson was going to throw a fit when they started working on his teeth.
But this WAS NOT the case! Carson was such a big boy. He went in and sat in the chair (I told his dentist that we were going to stay out, just to see how he did) and he let them work on his teeth without any crying, wiggling or anything! The Dr asked if I gave him anything (benadryl) before we came and I said NO! He was amazed at how awesome Carson was doing.
While working on his teeth, the dentist continued to talk to him, telling him that the "drill" (or whatever it is called) sounded like a motorcycle...finally Carson told him, NO a HONDA. They all laughed at that one. He told him everything he was going to do along the way, telling him he was giving his teeth a bath and that he was going to dry them off, then he was going to put a flashlight on his teeth. Also, Carson got to hold the cute little dental hygienist's hand the whole time. :)
When the dentist was all done, we came in (Blake and I stood outside the door and watched the entire time, Carson just couldn't see us) and he asked us how old Carson was and I told him 2 1/2 and he just couldn't believe how well he did. He said yesterday he had a 10 yr old doing the same procedure and they ended up having to get the mom to come in because he wouldn't stop crying!
We go back in 3 months for another check up, just to make sure everything is ok. I think from now on, I'm just going to wait in the waiting room and if he needs me, they can come and get me. My little boy is growing up so fast!
I am so proud of Carson, my little man!
1 comment:
WOW! Go Carson - that is AWESOME! I am so proud of him, too! :) Now, can he give Owen some tips!? :)
Post a Comment