Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2 Zoo's in 2 Days!

We are loving the weather right now and want to spend as much time in it as we can, before it gets cold. The next few weeks, we are going to have to be sitting with BJ, because Christy (his sitter) is taking off alot due to her upcoming wedding on November 15th and then her honeymoon. So we are trying to do alot of things that BJ doesn't particularly care to do before we are "stationed" at their house. BJ, not sure if you are reading this, but we will be going to the Aquarium one day while we are with you, so be prepared!!! :)

So Carson and I went to the Baton Rouge Zoo on Monday and had a great time. We had a picnic in the play area, which was nice because we had it all to ourselves. Didn't have to worry about any big kids running knocking him down.



On Tuesday, Carson and I was determined to do something fun and outside. We decided to head to New Orleans and go to the zoo there. I LOVE this zoo. We go a few times a year and I always get our tickets before hand from a website that sells them half off. Carson and I had a great time, I figured it would be a little packed, because schools were closed due to the election, but it wasn't bad at all. For some reason this trip, Carson kept saying "I Shy" of most of the animals (especially the snakes).

Checking out the Flamingo's as soon as we got there


Riding the Leopard

I LOVE this pic....checking out the fountains



Huge Oak Tree!!


We had a great day and he slept all the way home (which is an 1 1/2 hour drive) and then was able to put him in bed and he is still sleeping!! Guess all that walking/running wore him out!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I wish I had known y'all were still doing this zoo today. Oh well some other time.