Sunday, November 16, 2008

Carson's 1st LSU Football Game!

Blake took Carson to his 1st LSU Football Game, Saturday, November 15, 2008! The weather was very cold, 50' at kickoff time.

Carson was so excited about going to see "LSU Football" with his dada. Saturday morning he woke up and I asked him where he was going tonight with dada and he said "Watch LSU Football".

We had Carson all bundled up, he had a long sleeve t-shirt on with a t-shirt on over that, when they got to the game, Blake put a sweatshirt on over those shirts and then a thick jacket on.

Blake and Carson watched the LSU band play in the Pete Maravich Center before the game. Blake said that he tried to get Carson to take a picture with Mike the Tiger mascot, but he was having none of it. He was being shy (Carson's new phrase is "I shy") and Blake said that Mike was making fun of Carson by rubbing his eyes like he was crying.



So after that, they went into the stadium and Carson spotted an LSU Golf Cart and had to play and on that for while and then headed up to their seats. Blake said Carson did really well, besides having to be CARRIED everywhere (he refused to walk).



They stayed in the game for about 45 min and left because it was entirely to cold for Carson. Blake said he kept covering Carson's hands up with a blanket, but he started saying that his hands hurt...so it was time to leave.



On their way out, Carson would not let Blake go down the elevator, Blake said he kept saying "NO, this way" and would throw a fit if Blake tried to get him to go the other way. So, Blake had to carry Carson down all the stairs (he wouldn't even let Blake walk down the ramps)...

They got home about 8:30 pm and I asked Carson if he had a good time and the response I got out of him was, "LSU drums, too loud"!

All in all, I think they both had a great time and some good father/son bonding time! And I got some nice relaxation time all to myself!!!!

No comments: